CNN reporter Jim Acosta loses White House access after clash with Trump

The White House said late Wednesday it has revoked press credentials for CNN reporter Jim Acosta, following a combative back and forth between Acosta and President Donald Trump at a press conference earlier in the day.

At one point, a female White House staffer tried to take the microphone away from Acosta, who said “pardon me, ma’am” as he held onto it while he attempted to ask Trump another question.

“As a result of today’s incident, the White House is suspending the hard pass of the reporter involved until further notice,” White House press secretary Sarah Sanders said in a statement Wednesday night.

“We will . . . never tolerate a reporter placing his hands on a young woman just trying to do her job as a White House intern…” Sanders said. “This conduct is absolutely unacceptable. . . . The fact that CNN is proud of the way their employee behaved is not only disgusting, it‘s an example of their outrageous disregard for everyone, including young women, who work in this Administration.”

“This is a lie,” Acosta responded in a tweet. The above video appears to support him, as it does not appear that he placed his hands on the aide.

Revoking the “hard pass,” as it is known, effectively bans Acosta from the White House unless supervised.

Acosta found out when he was turned away by White House security Wednesday night before a scheduled live shot.

Trump berated Acosta for his questioning Wednesday, calling him “a rude, terrible person.” Later, Jeff Zucker, network president of AT&T T, +0.45% -owned CNN, told employees that the company stands behind them. “The work that you do is important,” he said, according to the Hollywood Reporter. “I want you to know that we have your backs.”

Here’s the full exchange between Trump and Acosta:

Source: Read Full Article