Gary Neville slams Boris Johnson for ‘constant mistruths’
We use your sign-up to provide content in ways you’ve consented to and to improve our understanding of you. This may include adverts from us and 3rd parties based on our understanding. You can unsubscribe at any time. More info
Gary Neville shared a video rant attacking the Prime Minister hours before he announced the implementation of Plan B across England. Boris Johnson said stricter measures will be rolled out from this Friday in a bid to constrain the spread of the Omicron variant of COVID-19. In his video message, the former Manchester United player slammed Mr Johnson for his “constant mistruths” as he hammered “enough is enough.”
Mr Neville said: “The reports emerging that Boris Johnson is going to announce a press conference at 5.30pm.
“The distraction tactic is now a predictable one. We’ve seen it for the last two years. This guy lacks integrity. He lies to us constantly.
“The mistruths that come out of number 10 are just constant.
“Not only that but he’s the worst kind of leader. Someone who expects his team to go under with him and come out and lie for him.”
JUST IN: Couple living in house for 16 years slapped with ‘no fault eviction’ notice
He continued: “His ministers and his MPs are constantly forced to do that and enough is enough.
“It’s not even about a party or a social gathering on December 18.
“Or a secret Santa or a cheese and wine. It’s about actually having a guy at the top of our country who believes he can take us all for a ride and laugh at us.
“He does it time after time after time. This cannot be let go.
“Now is the time to get this guy out of number 10 and start bringing some standards back into politics.”
Boris Johnson and Carrie welcome birth of baby girl
Boris Johnson on Wednesday warned it is clear the new strain is “growing much faster” than Delta, and cases of Omicron could be doubling every two or three days as he strengthened England’s rules.
The Prime Minister urged people to “exercise due caution” and get their booster jabs as he came under pressure over allegations of a rule-breaching festive bash in No 10 last year.
Mask wearing will be extended to indoor public venues from Friday but will not be required in pubs and restaurants, while the guidance to work from home where possible will return on Monday.
The NHS Covid pass, which can be obtained by having two vaccines or a negative lateral flow test, will be introduced for entry into nightclubs and other large venues from December 15, as Mr Johnson set out the “proportionate and responsible” measures.
William admits he head-bangs to AC/DC to get up for royal engagements [INSIGHT]
Boris warned northern voters ‘will learn’ from broken promises [ANALYSIS]
One million pensioners in ‘life or death’ crisis [REVEAL]
Scotland Yard announced it will not “commence an investigation at this time” in line with its “policy not to investigate retrospective breaches” of coronavirus rules despite reviewing the allegations and leaked footage showing senior Number 10 staff joking about a party.
The Met Police however said any further evidence unearthed in an internal investigation would be considered.
Allegra Stratton, Mr Johnson’s former spokeswoman, resigned as a Government adviser after video emerged of her and other aides “seeming to make light of lockdown measures” just days after the gathering in Number 10.
A Met statement acknowledged it had received “a significant amount of correspondence” relating to the alleged breaches in the run-up to Christmas last year but said they do not “provide evidence of a breach” of Covid rules.
Source: Read Full Article